Following the previously communicated decision of Danske Bank A/S to terminate the provision of banking services in its Baltic branches, Danske Bank A/S Latvia branch will be closed down by 31 March 2020.
The closure of the branch in Latvia will not affect business customers credit obligations (loans, leasing or guarantees); Danske Bank A/S will continue to ensure their servicing through its branch in Lithuania.
This implies that by 1 March 2020, all business customers’ credit agreements will be serviced through the Danske Bank A/S Lithuania branch.
The transfer comprises customer data and related agreements, including any valid Danske eBank agreement.
The agreements remain valid under the current terms and conditions, so that only the credit servicing account will change.
- Until 1 March 2020, customers may use either the existing credit servicing account in Danske Bank A/S Latvia branch or the newly opened credit servicing account in Danske Bank A/S Lithuania branch.
- By 1 March 2020, only the credit servicing account in Danske Bank A/S Lithuania branch will remain valid.
All customers have received additional information on the change, including their new credit servicing account number.
A note on Leasing agreements
Customers who have leased vehicles through Danske Bank A/S Latvia branch will be required to change certificates of their leased assets in the Latvian Vehicles Register (CSDD) by the end of March 2020.
How to get in touch
As of 1 March 2020, transferred customers will have to use the contact details of Danske Bank A/S Lithuania branch to communicate with the bank:
- Telephone: +370 5215 6666 (8:30-16:30 Mon-Fri)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend that you always use eBank for communicating with us, as this communication channel allows for easy and secure identification.
You can find answers to the most frequently asked customer questions related to the transfer HERE.