All of the bank's services and agreements are tied to your current account. Once your current account is closed, you can no longer use the bank cards connected with closed account.
A current account cannot be closed if you have:
- an outstanding amount due to the Bank or third parties for services connected to the account.
TRANSFER OF EVERYDAY BANKING AGREEMENTS AND SERVICES TO ANOTHER BANK
If you have decided to transfer your everyday banking agreements and services to another bank, we would like to draw your attention to the following:
- Please contact us if you wish to amend your loan or lease contract.
- If you have an existing loan or lease contract with Danske Bank, we recommend that you maintain your Danske Bank electronic services agreement, since it can be of use when exchanging information about loans or leases (among other things).
CLOSING A CURRENT ACCOUNT
If you have transferred your everyday bank services to another bank, we ask that you submit to us an application to close your current account.
You can do this:
- by submitting a free-format application via the Danske eBank;
- by e-mailing a digitally signed application form to email@example.com;
- at Danske Bank Business Centre;
The Bank will close your current account within 15 banking days of receiving your application. We will contact you if we have any questions.
Please make sure to notify the following parties if you change your current account number:
- your employer;
- the State Social Insurance Agency (VSAA) (if you receive state benefits or compensation).
- Please use your new account number when filling in your next income tax return.
General conditions (PDF)
Standard terms and conditions of the current account agreement (PDF)
Depositor information sheet (PDF)
Danske Bank Privacy Notice (PDF)
Questionnaire for Individuals (PDF)